Friday, August 16, 2013

How to Destroy Teacher Moral- Message from a Teacher in a Western State

This is our first year for CCSS and MERIT PAY. I have been teaching for 23 years. I was evaluated formally, on day TWO! I got RED FLAGGED for not knowing the names of 30 students that I had never even met before. RED FLAGGED for not using technology in my lesson. Prior to DAY TWO, I had requested assistance with said problem of NO INTERNET, THREE times. RED FLAGGED for having students sitting on the floor. My room is small. Mi have never been able to fit more than 18 students in my class. I scrounged 25 chairs and two more discarded tables and shoved them in my room. Yet, still, I get in trouble for not being able to access students and for having them on the floor! Unbelievable! Two years and I can retire. Won't be soon enough for me.

No comments: