Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A First Year Bronx Teacher Who Loves Her Kids Says "Enough"



There comes a point when you've been shoved around by your job so much that you stop caring. It's scary when that day is a Tuesday in March and you're a teacher. I've been bullied. I've been ignored. My kids IEPs are a catastrophe (I don't do them, we have a "team" for that). I've been told I can't do my EdTPA for my certification with my students because I can't record them when my school is legally obligated to let me do so. I've been observed so many times with so much negative feedback that I shutter ever time the doorknob turns. All this while all the students are requesting my class instead of the other teachers. All this while my fall term students stop by every day to say hi and tell their peers they're jealous that they have me. All this while I have 40 on each of my rosters and I'm supposed to call home every time a kid is late. It's my first year and I feel like I'm drowning. It's my first year and my bosses are telling me I'm the worst thing to happen to my classroom. It's my first year and my bosses talk about me behind my back. Word gets back to me, it always does. It's getting hard to pretend. It's getting hard to smile.

11 comments:

Anjali said...


davangere university 5th sem result
GOA Board Result
Tripura Board Result
TS Board Result
NBSE 12th Result

suresh said...

Awesome news...
JEE Main results
AP EAMCET Results
AP ICET results
AP PGECET RESULTS
TS EAMCET Results
AP ECET Results
AP DEECET Results

Unknown said...


SSC Class 10th Result Maharashtra 2016

UP Board Result 2016

RBSE Result 2016

HSC Maharashtra Result 2016

JEE Mains Result 2016

CBSE Class 10th Result 2016

UP 12th Arts Result 2016

UP Board Highschool Result 2016

UP 12th Commerce Result 2016

UP 12th Science Result 2016

Unknown said...

Visit these sites Whatsapp status in Hindi and Sad whatsapp status, Love whatsapp status, Romantic Whatsapp status, Cool Whatsapp status, Short whatsapp status, Funny Whatsapp status, Whatsapp attitude status

Unknown said...

The closing ceremony of the Rio Summer Olympics 2016 will take place on 21st of August 2016, evening and the tickets are now available for sale.Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony Tickets.

Unknown said...

Rio Olympic Opening Ceremony 2016 on 5th Aug at Maracana Stadium.

Unknown said...

Nice layout and awesome writing skills.


Bihar Board 10th Result

payal jhanwar said...

Freelance Best Makeup & Hair Artist in Jaipur with huge experience and Specialization in Bridal and Wedding Makeup,Celebrity Makeup,Professional Makeup,Creative Makeup,Bollywood Makeup and Character Makeup in Delhi,Jaipur,Rajasthan. Natural Makeup that allows your skin to breath with a radiant glow and remains flawless throughout your special day.


Best Makeup and Hairstyle in jaipur
Fiza Makeup Academy in jaipur
Best bridal makeup artist in jaipur(bollywood makeup,creative makeup,Airbrush makeup,character makeup)
Make up and Hair kit
Professional makeup artist course in jaipur
Makeup and hairstyle tips
Makeup and hair Images
Makeup and hair tutorials
Makeup and hair contract


Board Exams Result said...

The Telangana Board of Intemediate Education will be releases out TS 12th Result 2017 very soon. All of the students will be able to fetches out TS 12th Result 2017 after the board announcement.

payal jhanwar said...

A pioneer Institute owned by industry professionals to impart vibrant, innovative and global education in the field of Hospitality to bridge the gap of 40 lakh job vacancies in the Hospitality sector. The Institute is contributing to the creation of knowledge and offer quality program to equip students with skills to face the global market concerted effort by dedicated faculties, providing best learning environment in fulfilling the ambition to become a Leading Institute in India.

cha jaipur
management college in jaipur
management of hospitality administration jaipur
cha management jaipur
Best hotel college in jaipur
Best management college in jaipur
College of Hospitality Administration, Jaipur

Unknown said...

I didn’t agree with you first, but last paragraph makes sense for me…
Karnataka PUC 1st 2nd Year online application
Karnataka SSLC KSEEB Admit Card
Karnataka SSLC KSEEB Online Application Date Latest Update
Jharkhand 10th Exams Admit Card
JAC 10th Exams online application date latest update